[netCDF #NWG-210799]: Need help to install netcdf 3.5.1 with g95 compiler

Hello,

I'm afraid that netCDF 3.5.1 is a very old release, and does not appear to be
compatible with modern compilers.  I observe the same failure even when using
F77=gfortran.  I suspect you may need to update to the latest versions,
netCDF-C 4.6.1 and netCDF-Fortran 4.4.4.  These are available from the Unidata
github pages, https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases and
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases, respectively.

Thank you, have a great day,

-Ward

> Sir,
> I am trying to install netcdf 3.5.1 with g95 compiler.I am getting the
> following error frequently.
>
> 'strncpy' was not declared in this scope.
>
> I am using Linux 16.04 LTS and using following commands while trying to
> install the netcdf 3.5.1
> export CC=gcc
> export CXX=g++
> export FC=gfortran
> export FCFLAGS=-m64
> export F77=g95
> export FFLAGS=-m64
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/civil/CHIMERE/OPTSIM/netcdf3.6.2_installed
> --disable-netcdf-4
>
> Please reply ASAP

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Mukul Kumar
> Junior Research Fellow
> Environmental Engineering Laboratory
> Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
> West Bengal, India-721302
>
> Mob: +917363801723

Ticket ID: NWG-210799
Department: Support netCDF