[netCDFJava #QEX-289573]: point file

Greetings Bill,

I think maybe the confusion comes in when I say something like

"I'm not able to get this to open as a POINT either. However, if I make
a few modifications using NcML, I can get it to open as STATION (see
attached NcML)."

Here, POINT and STATION refer to how netCDF-Java deals with point based data.
This was done before
and along-sdie development of CFs Discrete Sampling Geometries. Roughly, POINT
maps to CFs point
DSG, and STATION maps to CFs timeSeries DSG.

Your file was pretty close - just missing a few pieces of metadata. The changes
I made to your file will
make it compliant with the time series (H.2.3) DSG and recognizable by
netCDF-Java (and thus RAMADDA):

http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.7/cf-conventions.html#_single_time_series_including_deviations_from_a_nominal_fixed_spatial_location

In order to do that, I had to do the following:

Add the global attribute Conventions = "CF-1.6"

Add the attribute positive = "up" to the variable altitude

Add the attribute cf_role = "timeseries_id" to the variable station_name

Add the attribute coordinates = "time latitude longitude altitude station_name"
to all data variables

I also fixed a few units values for temperature related variables, as "deg C"
isn't udunts compliant, but "degC" is.

Cheers!

Sean