[netCDFJava #YWV-936636]: Publishing Maven Artifacts

Hi Lewis,

Here's some documentation on our Maven artifacts:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/reference/BuildDependencies.html

We would like to publish to Maven Central one day, but THREDDS has a few
dependencies that aren't available there either. So even if we migrated our
stuff, you'd still have to add our Nexus server to your Maven config for the
transitive dependencies.

Cheers,
Christian

> Hi Folks,
> A while back, I took on the task of publishing the netcdf4 java Maven
> artifact (and a few others to ensure availability of dependencies). These
> can be seen at [0].
> A while ago, via my NASA JPL email address, some of the development team
> contacted me about the same topic but it looks like the work never
> materialized.
> Is there any motivation to publish to Maven Central? Or are there newer
> artifacts available from somewhere else?
> Thanks in advance folks.
> Lewis
>
> [0]
> http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22edu.ucar%22%20AND%20a%3A%22netcdf4%22
>
> --
>
> *Lewis*
> Dr. Lewis J. McGibbney Ph.D, B.Sc> OK I see that you are still publishing
> artifacts to a UCAR Nexus instance
> [0] ... great.
> Can someone provide me with the Maven <repository> snippet such that I can
> update POM's in various projects.
> Thanks in advance.
> Lewis
>
> [0]
> https://artifacts.unidata.ucar.edu/content/repositories/unidata-releases/edu/ucar/netcdf/
>

> > Hi Folks,
> > A while back, I took on the task of publishing the netcdf4 java Maven
> > artifact (and a few others to ensure availability of dependencies). These
> > can be seen at [0].
> > A while ago, via my NASA JPL email address, some of the development team
> > contacted me about the same topic but it looks like the work never
> > materialized.
> > Is there any motivation to publish to Maven Central? Or are there newer
> > artifacts available from somewhere else?
> > Thanks in advance folks.
> > Lewis
> >
> > [0] http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22edu.
> > ucar%22%20AND%20a%3A%22netcdf4%22