[netCDF #XCD-481846]: NETCDF error with grads

Hello,

It appears that the version of netCDF that GrADS is using is older, and does
not have the `nc_get_chunk_cache` function available.  A solution would be to
update your netCDF installation.  The latest version, 4.4.1.1, may be
downloaded from https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases.  If you are
currently running the latest version, your best bet may be to follow up with
the GrADS support and see if they can offer any advice.

Thanks, I'm sorry I can't provide a more immediately useful response but
hopefully this will get us going in the right direction,

-Ward

> Full Name: Vijay Bhaskar
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi
>
> I am working on WRF 8.1 version. I have installed the model and I got the
> results through test cases. I would like to view the output file from
> ARWpost by using grads. During this process, I got the following error
> message. Kindly help me to solve this issue. The message is shown below
>
> vijay@vijay-desktop:~/Desktop/Build_WRF/ARWpost$ grads grads: Symbol
> `_ZTVN6libdap15BaseTypeFactoryE' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking
>
> Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.1
> Copyright (c) 1988-2011 by Brian Doty and the
> Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
> GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> See file COPYRIGHT for more information
>
> Config: v2.0.1 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5
> opendap-grids,stn geotiff shapefile
> Issue 'q config' command for more detailed configuration information
> Landscape mode? ('n' for portrait):  n
> GX Package Initialization: Size = 8.5 11
> ga-> open test.ctl
> Scanning description file:  test.ctl
> grads: symbol lookup error: grads: undefined symbol: nc_get_chunk_cache
> vijay@vijay-desktop:~/Desktop/Build_WRF/ARWpost$

Ticket ID: XCD-481846
Department: Support netCDF