[netCDF #JSJ-696885]: Issue with ncdump for netcdf4 files

Hello Sébastien,

Your syntax is correct, and I've verified that I'm able to do what you are
describing on several different netCDF4 files I have locally. Can you provide
the .nc file you are having problems with, and the variables you are trying to
access, so that I can try to duplicate this issue on my end?

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

> Full Name: Sébastien SANNIER
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.1.1.1
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have currently an issue with NetCDF and more especially with ncdump. I'm
> trying to convert in ASCII file a NetCDF4 but only for a specific
> variable using this command (ncdump -v grp1/grp2/var input_file.nc
> > output_file.cdl. When I'm trying to have a missing variable, the
> command returns an error but if i'm trying to have an existing variable
> (check with HDFView), no error is returned and the fully netcdf4 file
> is converted in ASCII file and not the specific variable. Could you help
> me please ? I have also tried with a simple variable but the result was
> the same.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Best regards,
> Sébastien SANNIER