[netCDF #ICM-394957]: can't find or link hdf5 library

Hello,

Have you installed the hdf5 libraries?  From the config.log file you provided,
it appears that the error is very straight forward; the compiler cannot find
the hdf5 libraries on the system.  If libhdf5 exists in the location you are
specifying, ~/api-install/lib, can you provide some information regarding how
it was built?

Thank you,

-Ward

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to compile NetCDF-4 and the remote data client from source with
> no success, having problems with the link of hdf5 library. The error I get
> is:
>
> checking for library containing H5Fflush... no
> configure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library. Use
> --disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, and I'm executing ./configure with the following
> line
>
> CPPFLAGS=-I~/api-install/include LDFLAGS=-L~/api-install/lib ./configure
> -prefix=$HOME/api-install CFLAGS=-fPIC
>
> I've also tried to set the environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my
> .bashrc, and checking with env that I get:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mariano/api-install/lib/
>
> Which is the path where the libraries are installed. I have installed hdf5
> with no errors.
>
> Also, I'm attaching the config.log if it may help.
>
> Please don't make this e-mail publicly available.
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
> Best
> --
> Dr. Mariano S. Alvarez
>
> Centro de Investigaciones del Mar y la Atmósfera (CIMA) /CONICET-UBA
> Instituto Franco Argentino sobre Estudios del Clima y sus Impactos (UMI
> IFAECI) /CNRS
> Departamento de Ciencias de la Atmósfera y los Océanos (DCAO)
> Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales (FCEN)
> Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA)
>
> Ciudad Universitaria - Pabellón II - 2ºPiso
> (1428) Buenos Aires, Argentina
> Te: (54-11) 4787-2693  Fax: (54-11) 4788-3572
> address@hidden

Ticket ID: ICM-394957
Department: Support netCDF