[netCDF #SAS-589946]: NetCDF GNU compile problems

Hello,

From the log file you provided, I see the following:

gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-ip'; did you mean '-p'?
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-no-prec-div'; did you mean
'-fno-tree-dce'?

I also see that your CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables are both set to:

-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static

It appears that these are incompatible with your version of gcc.  I would
suggest changing the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables as suggested by the gcc
error above and see if the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

-Ward

> Sorry, I forgot the log file...

> > Hi,
> >
> > following this tutorial: http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/
> > compilation_tutorial.php I'm trying to compile NetCDF 4.1.3, downloaded
> > from http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compile_
> > tutorial/tar_files/netcdf-4.1.3.tar.gz.
> >
> > I use Linux Fedora 24, kernel 4.8.15-200.fc24.x86_64 with *GNU* (gcc,
> > cpp, gfortran) *6.3.1* 20161221 (Red Hat 6.3.1-1)
> >
> > Env:
> > export DIR=<mypath>
> > export CC=gcc
> > export CXX=g++
> > export FC=gfortran
> > export FCFLAGS=-m64
> > export F77=gfortran
> > export FFLAGS=-m64
> >
> > I obtain a lot of errors when I run:
> > *./configure --prefix=$DIR/netcdf --disable-dap --disable-netcdf-4
> > --disable-shared*
> >
> > In attachment the config.log file.
> >
> > Could you help me, please?
> >
> > Fabio.