[netCDF #LUG-687527]: Reading data from NetCDF files on HTTPS OPeNDAP servers

The  variable MedfillSST is large(887M), so it may be that
it exceeds the max download size for that thredds server.
I infer from the reference to nc_get_var, that you are
trying to read the whole variable in one request,
this may trigger the server's max download size limit.
Can you ask the server owner what their download limit is
for opendap requests?

I note also that Harmonics is much smaller (11M), and that is probably
under the server's max download size, so your access to that is consistent
with my hypothesis.

I wish we could put out a better error message for this case, but it can
be difficult to tell why a request failed, since the actual reason is often
encoded in English text.

You might get some additional information by changing the string
you pass to nc_get_var from
 https://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/cortad/Version
/cortadv4_row00_col00.nc?MedfillSST

[log]https://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/cortad/Version4/cortadv4_row00_col00.nc?MedfillSST