[netCDF #CTL-201284]: Error while installing netcdf-fortran

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed response; I was out of the office for the US
Thanksgiving holiday.  Are you certain you provided the correct config.log
file? The config.log you attached shows no error, and reports the expected size
of off_t, e.g. "#define SIZEOF_SIZE_T 8".  If you have solved this problem I am
very pleased; otherwise, if you can provide the config.log file which shows an
error I would be happy to help you diagnose and correct the error.

Thank you, have a great day,

-Ward

> Full Name: Malik M Barakathullah
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: netcdf-fortran-4.4.1
> Operating System: centos 7
> Hardware: x86_64
> Description of problem: This is the error message printed on the screen:
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: in
> `/home/malikmb/Downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.4.1':
> configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
> See `config.log' for more details
>

> I have attached the config.log
>
> When I probed this log file, I found these lines:
> -----------------------
> configure:21277: result: 0
> configure:21291: checking size of int
> configure:21296: gcc -o conftest -g -O2
> -I/home/malikmb/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1/include
> -L/home/malikmb/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1/lib conftest.c -lnetcdf  >&5
> configure:21296: $? = 0
> configure:21296: ./conftest
> ./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.11: cannot
> configure:21296: $? = 127
> configure: program exited with status 127
> -----------------------------------
>
> But libnetcdf.so.11 is there in the linked folder.
>
> By the way, the commandline that I use for configurations is:
>
> sudo ./configure --prefix=$HOME/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1
> LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1/lib"
> CPPFLAGS="-I$HOME/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1/include" FC=gfortran F77=gfortran
>
> I confirmed that libnetcdf.so.11 is present in $HOME/netcdf/netcdf-4.4.1/lib.
>
> Please let me know where I commit mistake.
>
> Thanks
> Malik M

Ticket ID: CTL-201284
Department: Support netCDF