[netCDF #YNV-233539]: ncdump help

Hi,

The xml functionality in `ncdump` is probably too limited for what you need; a
better option would be the NetCDF Operators package maintained by Charlie
Zender:

* http://nco.sourceforge.net/

Once installed, you should be able to get the full XML output from the files as
follows:

    $ ncks --xml [file]

I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Good day,
>
> Working on a project which requires us to look at NetCDF data, especially
> the raw data.  Discovered the ncdump program which is what I was looking
> for but I have a question.  How do you extract the raw data into the XML
> format?  Looking over the directions, one would assume it would be:
>
> ncdump -x nameoffile.nc but that only outputs the xml headers.
>
> How do you get all the raw data into the xml format?  The reason I ask
> this, the files I am working with are 62mb and if I can get each variable
> in the respective xml format, I can inject that data into the program I am
> using.
>
> One example of the files we are using is located here:
>
> ftp://jon:address@hidden/uni/nwm.t00z.long_range.channel_rt_1.f012.conus.nc_georeferenced.nc
>
> We are using a windows 7 and windows 10 OS.
>
> Also if you have another program I should use, I would be more then happy
> to try it out.  Any help or directions would be much appreciative.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> *Jonathan **Kratenstein  *|Customer Support Analyst & Meteorologist
> *w:* 978 983 6350                 IBM CRADA Meteorologist
> *                                e:* address@hidden
> *e: address@hidden
> <address@hidden>*
>
> WSI is now The Weather Company, an IBM Business

Ticket ID: YNV-233539
Department: Support netCDF