[netCDF #RTA-885842]: Writing several netcdf files simultaneously by multiple threads

Let me add a note about the multi-thread issue.
Currently, the netcdf-c library has some global data
shared across all threads. So, it is not thread safe,
even if the underlying HDF5 library is thread-safe.
I have a branch that is (slowly) addressing this.
It is just a matter of finding all the pieces of shared
data, centralizing it, and putting locks around its access.
This is tedious, but straightforward.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: RTA-885842