[netCDF #EDB-648764]: Test failure caused by --disable-utilities

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the report; our test matrix is quite large/lengthy already so it
would be difficult to run all permutations of the various options, so this
slipped through!  I appreciate you letting us know, I'll probably go open a
GitHub issue for bookkeeping purposes and then fix it so that this test is
fence posted appropriately.

Thanks again, have a great day,

-Ward

> Netcdf support,
>
> In netcdf-C 4.4.1, the autotools configure option --disable-utilities
> causes this make check failure:
>
> FAIL: run_diskless.sh
>
> nc_test/run_diskless.sh.log says:
>
> ./run_diskless.sh: line 103: ../ncdump/ncdump: No such file or directory
> FAIL run_diskless.sh (exit status: 1)
>
> This is an extremely minor problem of course, but I thought I should report
> it.  It seems to me that one of these remedies should be added:
>
> 1.  Guard this test and others like it, so they do not fail on missing
> utilities.
>
> 2.  Add a comment in the options documentation next to --disable-utilities,
> something to the effect of "Utilities must remain enabled for normal
> operation of the test suite".
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#configure_options
>
> Please add one of these at your convenience, or let me know if there is
> something better.  Thanks.
>
> --Dave

Ticket ID: EDB-648764
Department: Support netCDF