[netCDF #OJN-766944]: renaming dimension erases its attributes

Hello Manuel,

This is a known issue that we are working on resolving.  You can track the
progress on this issue at our GitHub page,

https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/issues/239

I hoping to have this fixed in time for the next release candidate for netCDF-C
4.4.1.

I'm sorry I can't provide a more immediate solution,

-Ward

> Dear sir,
>
> I'm using a ncdf4 file from NOAA's 20CR reanalysis.
> There're  several variables and their time dimensions are named "AX01x"
> (x: 1,2...n). I used this file in R with a package and one of the
> function needs time dimensions named like "time". So i need to rename
> the dimensions in the .nc file.
> I use NCO ncrename -d AX017,time file.nc  command and it works. The
> problem is that it drops the attributes of the dimension (time units,
> time origin etc..) which produces another error in the R package.
>
> How can i simply rename a dimension without losing its attributes?
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Manuel FOSSA
> PhD student