[netCDF #NFS-358072]: netCDF INSTALL PROBLEM

Hello,

Can you please provide the config.log generated when you run `configure`? This
should provide information I can use to determine what has gone wrong.

In regards to the `libnetcdff` file required by ioapi, you will need to install
the netcdf-fortran interface.  This is available from
http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran.  You will need to have libnetcdf
installed first, however.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install netcdf 4.3.2 on my laptop to use it for the ioapi
> installation. The problem is that when I write
>
> CPPFLAGS=-I/home/m21endi/zlib/include,/home/m21endi/HDF5/include
> LDFLAGS=-L/home/m21endi/zlib/lib,/home/m21endi/HDF5/lib64
> ./configure --prefix=/home/inaki/NETCDF
>
> specifiying where HDF5 and zlib are, it answers me saying
>
> checking for library containing deflate...
> noconfigure: error: Can't find or link to the z library
> Turn off netCDF-4 and opendap with --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap
>
> or see config.log for errors. I do not how to solve this, as I write in
> my profile where HDF5 and zlib folder are.
>
> I have another question, when you install the netcdf in the library is
> created a lnetcdf.a library but I know that  for the ioapi installation
> you need a lnetcdff.a file hoe can I create that?
>
> I would be grateful if you could answer me as soon as possible.
>
> See you soon

Ticket ID: NFS-358072
Department: Support netCDF