[netCDF #GNQ-204771]: NetCDF help

Hello,

Starting with netCDF 4.2, the Fortran and C++ interfaces were separated out
from the core C library.  It sounds like you've downloaded the C library, which
is great; you will need to install that before installing the fortran
interface.  The latest fortran interface may be found at our GitHub page,
http;//github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran.  When configuring the project, it
will search for the C library.  Once compiled, you will want to link your
program against both libnetcdf (the C library) and libnetcdff (the Fortran
interface library).

I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded a combined library of netcdf that was 4.1.3 a while ago and
> now I need the latest release since some of my programs need it. I
> downloaded what I thought was the latest combined library (4.3.3), but it
> doesn't have all of the files in the include folder when I unpack it.
>
> 4.1.3 has these files in include: "ncvalues.h   netcdf.h   netcdf.inc
> typesizes.mod
>
> netcdfcpp.h  netcdf.hh  netcdf.mod"
>
> while 4.3.3 only has netcdf.h
>

> Can you point me to the correct library to download?

Ticket ID: GNQ-204771
Department: Support netCDF