[netCDF #IGU-289396]: Error building netcdf fortran library

Hello Andi,

Thanks for providing the config.log files; I think I've sorted out the problem.

From the 'failing' config.log, I see the following when the various sizeof()
checks are being run:

    ./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.7: cannot

Since the error is happening at runtime (not compile time), this suggests to me
that libnetcdf.so.7 is not on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.   As you've installed
netcdf-c 4.3.3.1 into /usr/local, try the following when you run 'configure'
for netcdf-fortran:

    $ CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

I recognize that the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS may be unnecessary, but I would prefer
to be thorough on my end just in case.

Let me know what happens when you try this; if it still fails, please send me
the new config.log that is generated, thanks!

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I get the following error when configuring netcdf-fortran-4.4.2 on a Linux
> machine (version: 2.6.32-504.8.1.el6.x86_64):
>
> "configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)"
>
> I have set the locations for include and lib files to /usr/local. The
> netcdf-c-4.3.3.1 has been installed successfully.
>
> I would like to point out that everything was installed successfully on a Mac
> (Darwin) machine. That is why I am attaching two config.log files, for
> comparison: one from the current Linux machine (which reports the error
> above) and one from the Mac machine (without errors).
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Andi
>

> Andi Petculescu
> Associate Professor
> University of Louisiana at Lafayette
> Department of Physics
> +1.337.482.1345 (phone)
> +1.337.482.6699 (fax)
>
> “If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
> universe.”
> -Carl Sagan

Ticket ID: IGU-289396
Department: Support netCDF