[netCDF #ELI-872519]: netcdf-fortran-4.2

Taran,

> I am getting to a point where I think I am pretty close to getting it done.
> However, when I try to
> run "./configure ....." command without sudo, it does not write out
> config.log and config.status files.
> I tried to change permissions of config.log and config.status files. That
> does not seem to help and I think the files are created
> again with old permissions inside configure file.

The easiest thing would be to start over in a fresh build directory that you
own.

Otherwise, make sure the directory in which you are building has write
permissions
for you and is owned by you. For me, it's

  $ cd ~/git//netcdf-fortran
  $ ls -ld .
  drwxr-xr-x 62 russ  2000  2108 Sep 23 14:28 .    #  not owned by root,
writable by me

You should be able to change the ownership and permissions of the directory
using
sudo.

Then just rm config.log and config.status files before running configure, and
the new
ones owned by you will be generated by the configure script.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ELI-872519
Department: Support netCDF