[netCDF #IPS-168243]: Error Message: "netcdf: 65536 is not a valid cdfid"

Hi Sean,

> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.3.3.1
> Operating System: Unix
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I am running an application that is using NetCDF4,
> HDF4 and HDF5.  We recently recompiled these libraries to remove an
> optimization that was causing us problems, and now we are getting the error
> message ""netcdf: 65536 is not a valid cdfid".  I found this old thread:
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg09788.html
>
> and have made sure that HDF4 is compiled using the -DHAVE_NETCDF flag, to no
> avail.  Can you help me figure out what compiler flags I'm missing, in order
> to get NetCDF and HDF4 to get along?  Thanks!

I think that old thread is no longer valid for current versions of HDFD4.
Instead,
you must build the HDF4 library with the configure option "--disable-netcdf".
See the
complete instructions here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#build_hdf4

We'll try to get that old thread removed from our support archives.

--Russ

Ticket ID: IPS-168243
Department: Support netCDF