[netCDF #AZU-769947]: prefered method of extracting metadata from netcdf to metadata catalogue

Hi Andrej,

> What is the recomended and most strimlind method of extracting netcdf
> metadata to existing (inspire complient) metadata catalogues?

Unidata doesn't recommend any particular way to extract netCDF metadata
to existing INSPIRE-compliant catalogs. We're familiar with CF-compliant
metadata, but have no experience with INSPIRE compliance. There may be
some metadata broker approach, for example from Stefano Nativi's group
(Italian National Research Council and PIN -University of Florence) that has
progressed with a way to do this, as visualized in Nativi's 2010 presentation:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/Presentations/UPCsemseries/2010_12_10_Nativi-presentation.pdf

This is the closest thing I could find to available software that might address
your needs:

  http://essi-lab.eu/do/view/GIaxe

--Russ

Ticket ID: AZU-769947