[netCDF #XGO-377487]: problem building netcdf-4.3.3.1

Jae-Min,

> Thank you for your guidance. I am still having trouble with the configure,
> and have attached the config.log.
> HDF5 is built as a static, and thus "setenv LDFLAG -L/..../"

It looks like mpi.h can't be found by the cpp preprocessor, but it's included
in H5public.h, which is included in hdf5.h. I suspect you need to specify the
C compiler as "mpicc" if you are going to support parallel I/O. To do this,
you need to set another environment variable, CC, to "mpicc".

Here's more details on building netCDF-C library for parallel I/O support:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#build_parallel

> Extra librariese: -lsz -lz -ldl -lm
>
> What could these mean?

They are for getting other libraries used by HDF5, for szip compression, zip
deflation,
dynamic loader library, and math library.  You shouldn't need to worry about
those, as
the HDF5 library should know where to find them or what's needed from them is
already
included in the HDF5 static library.

--Russ

Ticket ID: XGO-377487