[netCDF #VTI-484586]: configure for netcdf 4.3.3.1 can't find hdf5dll and exits

George,

> Thanks for the response. Seems I forgot to attach the tar file with the logs
> (now attached).
> This is a Linux x86_64 build which is why I am stumped in the search for a
> DLL by gcc!

The configure script looks for an HDF5 library in several places, if it can't
find it
in any of the standard locations for shared libraries, which include an hdf5dll
file.

From the config.log file you sent, it appears that you haven't used the LDFLAGS
and CPPFLAGS environment variables to specify where the HDF5 library is
installed. There's examples of how to do this with a POSIX-compliant shell such
as bash in the instructions for building from source:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#build_default

If you're using a different shell such as csh or tcsh, you'll need to use
setenv instead
to set LDPATH and CPPFLAGS environment variables.

Note that sometimes  you also need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running
configure, if the installed library is not found from the LDFLAGS variable.

If this doesn't fix the problem, please let us know.

--Russ

Ticket ID: VTI-484586
Department: Support netCDF