[netCDF #SWP-621801]: I need a Scientific help

Hi Youssef,

> I am a research student in the CARTEL Lab within the university of
> Sherbrooke.
>
> I need to convert some NetCDF data files to excel files. I will be very
> gratefull for you if you accept to help me by informing me which kind of
> software can do this conversion ?

Here is am answer to the general question about converting netCDF
data to text, from which it can often be imported into Excel:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#converttotext

The last paragraph of that question mentions the netcdf4excel tool,
which may work for netCDF-3 files on Windows platforms.

Another library that can be used for the conversion is here:

  http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/sds/

A step-by-step procedure for gridded data in netCDF-3 files that makes
use of the FAN utilities on Windows is presented here:

  http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/data/ascii-howto.html

If the data you want to access is on a THREDDS data server, you can
use one of these two procedures:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14650585/best-way-for-excel-users-to-access-netcdf-files-on-a-thredds-data-server
  http://portalhelp.aodn.org.au/Portal2_help/?q=node/120

In addition, there is this software announced on the netcdfgroup mailing list:

  http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/parallel-netcdf/2008-March/000753.html

Note that we have no experience using the third-party tools mentioned
above, and you would have to contact the original developers for support.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SWP-621801
Department: Support netCDF