[netCDF #VBL-754206]: netcdf check failled

Hi Yann,

> I'm the sys admin of a cluster and I need ton install netcdf.
>
> I did a simple configure:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/netcdf/netcdf-c-4.3.3.1
>
> make -j6; make install
>
> As it's suggested, I did a make check, I had 26 failed and two pass!

Did you use something like "make -j6 check"?  If so, that won't work.
There are tests that, if run in parallel, will interfere with each other. If
that's what happened, try "make check" without the -j argument.

If you didn't use make -j check, then please send us your config.log
and output from "make" and "make check.

> In the log, it's stated that I have a mismatch of hdf5.

That would also cause test failures.

> ... Indeed, the the
> cluster I have two versions of hdf5. How can I specify which version I want
> to use at compile time?

Use the environment variables CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS to specidy to
configure exactly which HDF5 library to use, e.g.

  H5DIR=/path/to/install/location
  CPPFLAGS=-I${H5DIR}/include LDFLAGS=-L${H5DIR}/lib ./configure --prefix=...

For more information, see

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#building

--Russ

> Thanks