[netCDF #IZL-451152]: Configuring NetCDF to Visual Studio 2013

Hello,

For building on Windows with Visual Studio, we recommend using the 'cmake' tool
to generate Visual Studio project files directly, instead of trying to maintain
them by hand.  CMake is available from http://cmake.org, and is both a free
download and open source software.

Similar to 'configure' on unix systems, cmake will generate project
configuration files which can then be opened in Visual Studio and compiled.
Full instructions may be found here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#netCDF-CMake

Alternatively, you may download pre-compiled libraries here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/winbin.html

Note that these precompiled libraries are built with Visual Studio 2010; I
don't know if they are compatible with Visual Studio 2013, but I imagine they
should be.  If they aren't, I can confirm that you should be able to build the
libraries with cmake and Visual Studio 2013.

Please let me know if this doesn't help solve the problem; have a great day!

-Ward

> Full Name: Shafny Mahir
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.3.3.1
> Operating System: Windows 8
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> I'm trying to configure NetCDF with Visual Studio 2013 IDE. In my project
> properties, I set the paths as follows:
>
> VC++ Direcories -> Library Directories = C:\Program Files (x86)\netCDF
> 4.3.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\netCDF 4.3.3.1\lib;
>
> C/C++ -> Additional Include Directories -> C:\Program Files (x86)\netCDF
> 4.3.3.1\include
>
> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies = netcdf.lib
>
> But I cannot access the netCDF Namespace. Header file is OK.
>
> Is there any problem in my configuration?
>
> Please help me through this issue.

Ticket ID: IZL-451152
Department: Support netCDF