[netCDF #HHF-901186]: Make check has PASS:2 and FAIL: 24 :(

Hello Jean Paul,

Since you installed into `/usr/local`, you should be able to fix the 'error
while loading shared libraries' by running 'make check' as follows:

    $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib make check

More information about this environmental variable may be found in section 3.5
of the following page:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

In a nutshell, it tells the system where to look for shared libraries; on
modern linux systems, `/usr/local/lib` is not in this path by default.  So you
will need to either specify it manually every time you run a program which
links against a library in `/usr/local/lib`, or you will need to set it as a
persistent environmental variable as appropriate for the shell you are using.

I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> So I ran make check for netcdf-c-4.3.3.1 after installing hdf5 and zlib,
> following the instructions in the INSTALL file. I chose /usr/local/ as
> opposed to /home/ed/local/ just to let you know.
>
> So can you tell me what should I do to fix this? I have been trying to
> figure out how to install this netCDF-4 module for days.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you soon.
>
> Best,
> Jean Paul

Ticket ID: HHF-901186
Department: Support netCDF