[netCDF #NIL-560913]: netcdf in Fortran and Visual Studio.

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a modern netcdf-fortran available for
use on Windows with Visual Studio, although an effort is underway to correct
this.  The pre-built .dll files available from our ftp site are quite old, and
I would be surprised if they worked with modern Visual Studio installs.

I'm sorry that I cannot provide more helpful information; hopefully we will
have a Visual Studio-compatible version of netcdf-fortran in the near future!

Regretfully,

-Ward

> Good afternoon,
>
> I am trying to generate NetCDF files containing the output data of a
> hydrological model, which runs in Fortran90. I am using Visual Studio
> 2008 with the Intel compiler under Windows 7-64bit. I've been checking
> your website but I am getting quite confused with all the versions
> available. I managed to install one of the pre-built .dll (3.6.1) and
> link it to the program, so I can compile the program without any errors
> but it doesn't recognizes the commands (so I didn't manage at all...). I
> am pretty new in programming, so that's why I claim for your help. Which
> library should I install? Which is the best way to install it? How can
> I make it work in my program?
>
> Thanks in advance and sorry for a so open question. If you need any
> other information, just let me know.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jose Moyano
> Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH)
> Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford
> OX10 8BB
> Wallingford, Oxfordshire
> United Kingdom

> This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only. NERC is subject
> to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents of this email and any
> reply you make may be disclosed by NERC unless it is exempt from release
> under the Act. Any material supplied to NERC may be stored in an electronic
> records management system.

Ticket ID: NIL-560913
Department: Support netCDF