[netCDF #XRL-614540]: Using the --enable-pnetcdf option when building NetCDF

Hello,

Can you provide the config.log file generated when you run configure?  Also,
where are you installing the pnetcdf library? It will need to be installed
before netcdf will detect it, and if I know the location I can help you set up
your environment.

Thanks, have a good day,

-Ward

> Full Name: Nathan Wendt
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.3.3.1
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I was trying to build NetCDF 4.3.3.1 along with
> pnetcdf 1.6.0 and was running into an issue where it could not detect the
> pnetcdf libraries it needed. See the error below:
>
> checking for ncmpi_create in -lpnetcdf... no
> configure: error: Cannot link to pnetcdf library, yet --enable-pnetcdf was
> used.
>
> Obviously, I have not an environmental variable correctly to direct NetCDF to
> the appropriate location on my system. I have tried including the the path to
> pnetcdf.h in any environmental variable that I know gets used in the build. I
> am sure it is something simple.
>
> Thanks,

Ticket ID: XRL-614540
Department: Support netCDF