[netCDFJava #YYG-713097]: NetCDF Java

Mr. Best,

The data are properly sorted, but you cannot assume that the first radial of
data starts at 0 degrees. Instead, you can find the azimuth angle for each
radial contained in the "azimuth" variable. For example:

Variable azimuth = ncfile.findVariable("azimuth");
float[] angles = (float[])azimuth.read().get1DJavaArray(Float.TYPE);

You'll need to use these angles to properly reference the data. I hope this
helps.

Ryan

> I am Mr.Sabu Best ( Meteorologist / Software developer ) at the Barbados
> Meteorological Services, we are hoping you can lend some support on the
> following please.
>
> We are using your NETCDF java library to decode KBYX ( FLorida Keys radar
> ) but the data returned to the variable v from "read()" method appears
> to be in any random order. In other words the first row in the two
> dimensional array name "data" below is not the azimuth. This is causing
> the data to be positioned incorrectly on final converting. Please see
> code snippet below where I extract the data and store it in an array for
> later operation. Is there something I am missing from this code that will
> allow the data to be shorted by azimuth angle first in the two dimensional
> array "data"?. I have attached 3 photos. One from key west it self as it
> should look (KBYX.png). The other 2 from the decoded data using NETCDF
> java library. You will see the same echo being positioned in different
> locations. on the image even though the images are only 5 mins apart.
>
> private void extractAllRaw_DBZ_Data() throws Exception
> {
> RadarData = new String[numberOfRays][ (int)radialDistance];
>
> Variable v = ncfile.findVariable("BaseReflectivityDR_RAW");
>
> Array data = v.read();
> int[] shape = data.getShape();
>
> Index index = data.getIndex();
> for (int i=0; i<shape[0]; i++) {
> for (int j=0; j<shape[1]; j++) {
> Object dval = data.getObject(index.set(i,j));
> RadarData[i][j] = dval.toString();
> }
> }
>
> }