[netCDF #QFD-237189]: netcdf-c-4.3.3 (TWO CHECKS FAILED)

Peter,

> I have tried to install zlib and hdf5 but get errors during the make check of
> HDF5.
> I have summarised my steps and have copy the log files to the bottom of this
> email
>
> Would you be able to have a look and let me know what the problem is, please.

I don't see a problem.  When you ran "make check" for hdf5,
there were no failed tests and the line

   all tests were successful

appears (twice) in the output.

> Our system is Centos 6.6, with Fortran Compiler and C Compiler installed.
>
> To access these I loaded a module environment file.
>
> Steps taken
>
> I have download and installed zlib.1.2.8
> Configured using the following commands
>
> ./configure –prefix=home/mse_sw/zlib.1.2.8
> make check
> make install
>
> this seems to have installed well.
>
> I then tried to install hdf5 using the following commands to configure
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/mse_sw/hdf5 --enable-fortran --enable-cxx
> --with-zlib=/home/mse_sw/zlib.1.2.8/  >> compile.txt   (SEE BELOW)

Although it doesn't cause any problems, you didn't need to include
--enable-fortran or --enable-cxx for the netCDF-C library (or for
later build of the netCDF-Fortran library).  Neither the HDF5
Fortran or C++ libraries are used by netCDF.

> This seems to go well but I get loads of warnings similar to this:
>
> plugin.c:303: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:303: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:303: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:303: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:305: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:305: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:305: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:305: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:305: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:307: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:307: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:307: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:307: warning: will never be executed
> plugin.c:307: warning: will never be executed

Those are merely warnings, not errors, and can be ignored
when you're building HDF5.

> Then when I try to do a make check, once again this all seems to go wrong -
> see make _check.txt  (SEE BELOW)
>
> I would be really grateful if you could advise me what is wrong and if I have
> missed any vital steps.
>
> I haven’t set any environment variables for flags such as CC , FC etc

I see no indications of any errors in building HDF5.  You should now
be able to install it just by running "make install".

--Russ

Ticket ID: QFD-237189
Department: Support netCDF