[netCDF #NQH-437723]: nc_test failure on aix7 power7 cluster

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delayed response!  Unfortunately, we don't have access to an
aix system for testing, so I am unable to duplicate your issue.  I suspect that
issue is related to how the test is configured; I have seen similar issues on
other platforms.  These issues have not translated to an error in the library,
however, so it should be safe to ignore.  The error was with how the test was
constructed.

As a side note, I would recommend updating your hdf5 to the recently-released
1.8.14; we saw several issues when running parallel I/O on 1.8.13 that were
fixed with the most recent release. I don't think that is related to the issue
you have reported, but it is something else you may encounter.

Sorry again for the delayed response; have a great day!

-Ward

> After successfully compiling netcdf-4.3.2 (c libs only) with hdf5-1.8.13 on an
> ibm power7 cluster under aix7, I repeatedly get an error when running "make
> check". The log file (see attached) from .../nc_test/test-suite.log indicates
> failure in  nc_put_var_* and nc_put_vara_* as "NetCDF: Memory allocation
> (malloc) failure". I have tried increasing available run time memory (up to
> 50GB) and recompiling with no optimization. Neither of these have an effect.
> Is
> this something that I should be worried about? If so do you have any ideas
> about
> what may be the cause.
>
> The configure command line I used is
>
> CFLAGS="-q64 -O0 -qmaxmem=-1 -qarch=auto -qtune=auto -Dextname"
> CC=/usr/vac/bin/xlc_r CPPFLAGS=-I$prefix/include LDFLAGS=-L$prefix/lib
> ./configure --prefix=$prefix
>
> Here $prefix is the root of the install dir used for the hdf5 build. Note that
> all tests for hdf5 passed. The compiler is
>
> IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V12.1 (5765-J02, 5725-C72)
>
> Thanks
> Larry
>
> --
>
> Larry Solheim        ::  Canadian Center for Climate Modeling and Analysis
> ::  C/O University of Victoria
> phone:(250)363-3323  ::  PO Box 3065, STN CSC
> fax:(250)363-8247  ::  Victoria, BC, V8W 3V6, CANADA

Ticket ID: NQH-437723
Department: Support netCDF