[netCDF #ZAK-403577]: NetCDF make check Errors

Hello,

It appears that '/usr/local/lib' is not on your load library path.  Try this:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib make check

If this works, you may need to modify your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental
variable so that this change persists.

Let me know if this doesn't work, have a great day.

-Ward

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am trying to build NetCDF (4.3.2). I am working on Ubuntu 12.04, and
> have installed hdf5-1.8.14 and zlib-1.2.8, both with --prefix=/usr/local.
>
> I configure netcdf with
> $ CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local
> and then make with
> $ make
> These commands run without any errors.
> I then check the build with
> $ make check
> This gives me errors (please see the attached file). The errors seem to
> relate to the library "libhdf5.so.9".  As far as I can see, this library
> exists in /usr/local/lib/
>
> I would be grateful for any help in resolving this issue. If you require
> any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Andrew Lee

Ticket ID: ZAK-403577
Department: Support netCDF