[netCDF #QOT-757275]: netcdf4.3.0 - make check- fail

Hi,

> Package Version: netcdf 4.3.0
> Operating System: linux - fedora
> Hardware: quad-core
> Description of problem:
>
> I noticed that someone, in the past, have had similar problem because he
> was under sudo. That is not my case. hdf5 and zlib has been configured
> and compiled with no problem. I set the environmet as:
>
> setenv CC pgcc
> setenv CFLAGS "-O2 -Msignextend -V"
> setenv FC pgf90
> setenv  F90 pgf90
> setenv  FFLAGS "-O2 -w -V"
> setenv CXX pgCC
> setenv CPPFLAGS "-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran"

Since netCDF version 4.1.3, The netCDF C, Fortran, and C++  libraries have been
separated into different distributions, so for the version 4.3.0 C library, the
flags
FC, F90, FFLAGS, and CXX are ignored by configure.  However, you need to set
CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS to specify where the HDF5 library is installed:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html

After that is installed, you can build the netCDF Fortran libraries:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

If you have problems with either of these steps, please send the "config.log"
file resulting from running the configure script.

An alternative build method you might find easier, if using configure doesn't
work well in your environment is to use "cmake":

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html#netCDF-CMake

--Russ

Ticket ID: QOT-757275
Department: Support netCDF