[netCDF #KYR-516688]: configure NetCDF: errors thrown by gcc

Hi Giordano,

If I may jump in, those checks are not made by netcdf, but rather by the
autotools-based build system.  Autoconf generates the 'configure' script used
by netcdf and other packages; the queries to gcc with various options are made
as broad as possible in order to cover a large pool of possible installed
compilers.  While -V and -gversion may not be valid options for current
versions of gcc, they may have been in the past.

In any event, it would be impossible for us to remove these options; as I
mentioned, they are inserted by autoconf, not the netcdf team.  So, you may
safely ignore them!

Have a great day,

-Ward

Ticket ID: KYR-516688