[netCDF #PTR-602710]: CMake issue for discovering HDF5 capabilities.

Hello Giovanni,

Thanks for your bug report; I've opened an issue on github related to this,
which may be found at https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/issues/85.  This
shouldn't cause any operational problems, but it will be good to use the proper
tool for checking the library version.  I'm glad to hear that you like the
cmake build system; it's relatively new in netcdf, but we are having a lot of
good experiences with it as well.

Thanks again, have a great day,

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I'm using the Release Candidate 2 netCDF 4.3.3 C library package for some
> build testing against an already deployed HDF5-parallel 1.8.13 library
> on our HPC platforms.  I noticed that when I attempted to use the CMake
> build process (which I really like!), I found that it was using the "h5cc"
> HDF5 utility to query information about the HDF5 library.  As we build
> our parallel and serial HDF5 libraries separately, the utility for the
> parallel capable HDF5 library is actually "h5pcc".  Perhaps it would be
> best to have a CMake toggle option that identifies if the build is to be
> parallel capable or not and then based upon the selection choose either
> "h5cc" or "h5pcc" to perform the HDF5 queries?
>
> I simply changed "h5cc" to "h5pcc" on line 682 of the CMakeLists.txt
> file in the top level of the netcdf-c-4.3.3-rc2 package.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> --
> !   Giovanni "Vann" Cone
> !   LANL HPC-3 Consultant