[netCDF #UDG-681606]: A request

Wei,

It looks like the assertion violation you see only
occurs if the netCDF-C library is built with the
HDF5 library but without the HDF4 library. I just
tested with netCDF-4.3.2 built with --enable-hdf4
and with an HDF5 library, and it worked fine,
with ncdump treating it as a normal netCDF-4 file.

If I try a version of netCDF-4.3.2 built with
neither the HDF4 or HDF5 library (so it only
supports netCDF-3 API), it returns an error code
indicating it's an unknown file format.

Dennis is working on a fix.

--Russ

Ticket ID: UDG-681606