[netCDF #SEL-204074]: NetCDF-4

Carlos,

> I attached here the pdf with the instructions I used to build netcdf and
> the config.log
> I don't understand because all seems to be built ok and now this is not
> giving me the desire libraries.

I think I see the problem.  When you configure the Fortran libraries,
you don't need to specify all those library paths in LDFLAGS, because
you apparently built the netCDF C library as a shared library, which
means all you have to specify is where to find that C library:

LDFLAGS=-L/data/users/carlos/shares/apps/gfortran/gcc4.7.2/netcdf-C-libraries/4.3.3/lib

and

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/users/carlos/shares/apps/gfortran/gcc4.7.2/netcdf-C-libraries/4.3.3/lib

as well as the definition you already have for

CPPFLAGS=-I/data/users/carlos/shares/apps/gfortran/gcc4.7.2/netcdf-C-libraries/4.3.3/include

before your configure command.  You could simplify this a bit by defining those
long paths
in environment variables used to define the other variables, as in

  $
NCDIR=/data/users/carlos/shares/apps/gfortran/gcc4.7.2/netcdf-C-libraries/4.3.3
  $ NFDIR=/data/users/carlos/shares/apps/gfortran/gcc4.7.2/netcdf-fortran/4.4.1
  $ CPPFLAGS=-I${NCDIR}/include  LDFLAGS=-L${NCDIR}/lib
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${NCDIR}/lib ./configure --prefix=${NFDIR}

--Russ

Ticket ID: SEL-204074
Department: Support netCDF