[netCDF #ZVW-103338]: run_par_test.sh fails

Hello,

It certainly sounds like it might be related to centos 5; I can't say for
certain, as that is not a platform we regularly test on.  It might also be
related to the errors in hdf5.  If the hdf5 library is not working correctly,
the parts of the netcdf library that rely on hdf5 (including the parallel IO
support) are unlikely to work correctly either.

Can you provide additional information regarding what errors you encounter when
run_par_test.sh fails?  If you would also provide your 'config.log' file, that
would also be useful in diagnosing the issue.

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

> I have installed hdf5 1.8.13 and netcdf 4.3.2 with parallel feature. My
> compiler is gcc v4.9.0. Due to suspected compatibilty problem with
> the gcc, some errors are produced when I build hdf5 but in overall the
> compilation finished successfully. However when I compile netcdf 4.3.2
> and run test, the parallel test run_par_test.sh failed.
>
> The same procedure is applied to another pc installed with centos 6 and
> run_par_test.sh can be completed without problem.
>
> Is the problem related the centos version?

Ticket ID: ZVW-103338
Department: Support netCDF