[netCDF #FLE-841916]: Testsuite summary for netCDF 4.3.2

Ben,

> I do have the HDF5version 1.8.13,
> I took the steps you mentioned:
>
> 1) H5DIR=/mnt/data/bweinste/MEGAN/MEGANv2.10/local/hdf5
> 2) CPPFLAGS=-I${H5DIR}/include
> 3) LDFLAGS=-L${H5DIR}/lib
>
> for
> 4) ./configure ...
> I did ./configure --prefix=/mnt/data/bweinste/MEGAN/MEGANv2.10/local/NETCDF
>
> …yet the problem persists. are there any other things that need to be pointed
> tot he H5DIR?

Maybe this is a simple problem with the Unix shell you are using
and setting environment variables that shell scripts like
configure can access.

You don't have to worry about this if you set CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS as part of the list of arguments to configure, as
in

  ./configure --prefix=/mnt/data/bweinste/MEGAN/MEGANv2.10/local/NETCDF
CPPFLAGS=-I${H5DIR}/include LDFLAGS=-L${H5DIR}/lib

In that case, the configure script sees the settings and uses
them.

Instead, you can precede the configure command with the
environment variable settings if you are using bash, ksh,
zsh, or a similar POSIX-standard command shell, as in:

  CPPFLAGS=-I${H5DIR}/include LDFLAGS=-L${H5DIR}/lib ./configure
--prefix=/mnt/data/bweinste/MEGAN/MEGANv2.10/local/NETCDF

If you set the environment variables separately from the configure
command line, they are local to that shell, so to make them
accessible to subshells such as script files like configure, you
have to explicitly export them, as in

  H5DIR=/mnt/data/bweinste/MEGAN/MEGANv2.10/local/hdf5
  CPPFLAGS=-I${H5DIR}/include
  LDFLAGS=-L${H5DIR}/lib
  export CPPFLAGS LDFLAGS

If you are instead using a non-POSIX shell such as csh, you
need to instead use the setenv command, as in

  setenv H5DIR /mnt/data/bweinste/MEGAN/MEGANv2.10/local/hdf5
  setenv CPPFLAGS -I${H5DIR}/include
  setenv LDFLAGS -L${H5DIR}/lib

I hope one of those works ...

--Russ