[netCDF #FXB-102112]: will netcdf library support for CDF-5

Jun,

> again, what cmode Flag I should use to create a CDF-5 file in netcdf
> library?  Thanks,

Sorry for the confusion.  The pnetcdf software can create CDF-5 format files,
but neither reading nor writing CDF-5 format is supported using netCDF-4
software from Unidata.  We have a Jira ticket to implement such support at
some point, but it's not currently scheduled:

  https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/NCF-163

--Russ

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Jun Xiong <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dennis:
> >
> > If so, after I compile it with pnetcdf enable,  I can use standard netcdf
> > API to visit CDF-5 format file, is that correct?  Thanks,
> >
> > address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, it is supported. You need to add
> >> --enable-pnetcdf to your ./configure command.
> >> You will also need to add the appropriate library
> >> to the load libraries list (see the install documentation).
> >>
> >> =Dennis Heimbigner
> >>   Unidata
> >>

> >> Ticket Details
> >> ===================
> >> Ticket ID: FXB-102112
> >> Department: Support netCDF
> >>

> > --
> > Jun Xiong, Ph.D.
> > U.S. Geological Survey
> > 2255 North Gemini Drive, Flagstaff, Arizona - 86001, USA.
> > Office: 928-556-7215
> > Fax:    928-556-7169
> >

> --
> Jun Xiong, Ph.D.
> U.S. Geological Survey
> 2255 North Gemini Drive, Flagstaff, Arizona - 86001, USA.
> Office: 928-556-7215
> Fax:    928-556-7169

Ticket ID: FXB-102112
Department: Support netCDF