[netCDF #HSI-795290]: Test Results

> i think my problem is in installing hdf5.  I run the command ./configure
> --prefix=$HOME/hdf/hdf5-1.8.9 --with-zlib=$HOME like is recommended, but it
> seems to return a lot of errors when I run make.  Things like
> th5s.c:1692:17: warning: implicit conversion from ‘float’ to ‘double’ when
> passing argument to function [-Wdouble-promotion]
> TestErrPrintf("%u: chunk_data_dbl[%d][%d]=%e, chunk_data_flt[%d][%d]=%e\n",
> (unsigned)__LINE__, i, j, chunk_data_dbl[i][j], i, j, chunk_data_flt[i][j]);
> ^
> In file included from th5s.c:25:0:
> th5s.c: At top level:
> H5srcdir.h:38:20: warning: ‘H5_get_srcdir_filename’ defined but not used
> [-Wunused-function]
> static const char *H5_get_srcdir_filename(const char *filename)

If you are just seeing warnings but not any actual errors that halt
compiling and building HDF5, then you can ignore the warnings.  We
get lots of warnings when building HDF5.

If "make" runs successfully, you can run "make check" to test the
built HDF5 library, before running "make install" to install it.

--Russ

> I'm relatively new to linux so I'm really not sure if this is an issue or not.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cooper McCann
> Physics Grad Student
> Repasky Group