[netCDF #FVY-342712]: Error in installation of netcdf

Hi Pampi,

> I m having one problem with installation of netcdf with fedora.
> when i tried to install with the command:
>
> yum install netcdf
>
> this message is coming....
>
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> Package netcdf-4.2-3.fc17.x86_64 already installed and latest version
> Nothing to do
>
> but  whenever I am trying to configure my software which requires netcdf
> environmental variable...then after processing this message is coming in
> the terminal:
>

> Error : Not found /home/physics/WRF/WRFV3/netcdf_links/include/netcdf.inc
> Please check this installation of NetCDF and re-run this configure scrip
>

> I'll be grateful if you can help me in this regard.

It looks like the command "yum install netcdf" only installed the netCDF C
library, which is the most commonly used netCDF library.  However, for WRF
you also need the netCDF-Fortran library, which depends on an installed
netCDF library.

The old netCDF version 4.1.3 included Fortran and C libraries in the same
distribution, but all later versions have netCDF-Fortran in a separate
distribution package.  I don't see "netcdf-fortran" as a package provided
by yum, but building it from source is not hard, if you already have the
netCDF C library installed.

You can download netCDF-Fortran from here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

and instructions for building, testing, and installing it are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

--Russ

> Thanking you
>
> Pampi Mallik
>

> Assam University, Silchar, Asssam. India

Ticket ID: FVY-342712
Department: Support netCDF