[netCDF #OBL-948763]: netCDF4/H5 tool

Hi,

> > In the following website, I see lots of netCDF tool.
> > Do you have a list indicating which ones support netCDF4/HDF5 format?
> The url is:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

No, sorry, we don't know which tools have upgraded to support netCDF-4/HDF5
format, because the tools are developed and maintained by 3rd-party developers.

Many of the tools (for example, MATLAB, IDL, NCL, NCO, CDO, netcdf-java,
netcdf4-python, ...) support most netCDF-4 features, including compression and
chunking.  Support for the enhanced data model of netCDF-4 is not yet complete
in most third-party tools, though it is complete in netcdf-java and the netCDF
command-line utilities we have developed: ncdump, ncgen, and nccopy.

To find out about other tools, you will have to contact the developers or
maintainers, usually listed under the entries in the web site for tools that you
referenced.

--Russ

Ticket ID: OBL-948763
Department: Support netCDF