[netCDF #BQS-661496]: Error with the make test of netcdf-4.1.1 on Linux-x86_64 machine

Hello,

> To whom it may concern:
>
> I just intstalled netcdf-4.1.1 on my machine - everything configured
> correctly and it said that netcdf installed, but when I ran '$ make test',
> I got the following errors:
>
> *** FAIL: -70 (NetCDF: DAP server error) at test_cvt.c:143
> FAIL: test_cvt3
> *** Test: varm on URL:
> http://test.opendap.org/opendap/data/nc/coads_climatology.nc
> *** Testing: stride case 1
> *** Pass: stride case 1
> *** Testing: stride case 2
> *** Pass: stride case 2
> *** Testing: stride case 3
> *** Pass: stride case 3
> PASS: test_varm3
> 2 of 4 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/lichko/netcdf-4.1.1/ncdap_test'
> make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lichko/netcdf-4.1.1/ncdap_test'
> make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lichko/netcdf-4.1.1/ncdap_test'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> When I tried to do the tests individually, it seems as though nctest,
> nf_test, and nc_test were sucesses, while in ncdap_test test_cvt3  and
> test_cvt4 were fails, but test_varm3 was passed.  I didn't run nc_test4.
>
> Let me know what you think I should do to fix this problem!
>
> Thank you,
> Emily

This is a known issue related to a change in our test server
configuration. We are still working on redirects to fix this for
existing releases, and the 4.3.2 release fixes it by
pointing directly to our new test servers. So, the failure is on our
end, not yours.

Until this gets fixed, you can complete testing and installation of
the netCDF C library and utilities by following these steps:

  1. Run "make clean" in the top level directory of your source netCDF
     source (or unpack the source again in a new source directory)

  2. Run the "configure" script again, but this time add the following
     option to whatever options you previously specified:

       --disable-dap-remote-tests

  3. Run "make check" and verify that it now completes successfully.

  4. Run "make install", or "sudo make install" if needed.

That should get you past the problem with our test server and allow
the installation to complete successfully.  Please let us know if you
encounter additional errors.

-Ward

Ticket ID: BQS-661496
Department: Support netCDF