[netCDF #EFQ-588378]: how to compile netcdf 4.3.0

Luis,

> ...  The documentation for
> compiling netcdf-fortran may be found here:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html
>
> It is very similar to building the netcdf-C libraries.  The directions I
> would give are on this page; if I can clarify any of them, please let me
> know. Have a great day,

The directions don't tell you where to get a configure script for
netcdf-fortran,
if one is not available for the source distribution you are using.  You
mentioned
moving the netcdf-c configure script to the netcdf-fortran directory, so maybe
you are using a github developer snapshot rather than a real release, which
would
have a configure script.

The netcdf-c configure script won't work for netcdf-fortran.  Instead, you'll
need
to run "autoreconf -if" in the top-level netcdf-fortran directory, which will
generate the necessary configure script.  If you don't have autoreconf, it's
part
of the autoconf software package, which you can get from a repository for your
platform.  If you don't want to get and build autoconf, you'll need to use an
actual release, of which 3 are currently available on the GitHub netcdf-fortran
page.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EFQ-588378
Department: Support netCDF