[netCDF #CPW-270700]: compile error

Bin,

> Thanks for your reply. I installed latest version HDF5 and recompiled netcdf.
> Now I got only two failed test:
>
> FAIL: tst_h_scalar
> FAIL: tst_h_scalar.sh
>

> The test-suite.log reports the following info:

> netCDF 4.3.2: ncdump/test-suite.log
>
> # TOTAL: 39
> # PASS:  37
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  2
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> .. contents:: :depth: 2
>
> FAIL: tst_h_scalar
> ==================
>
> HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.6) thread 0:

The error message above indicates that the old HDF5 library, version 1.8.6, is
still
being used.  For recent versions of netCDF, you must use HDF5 version 1.8.8 or
later.

If you have installed version 1.8.8 or later of HDF5, you have to specify where
it was
installed when you build netCDF-4.  You can do this with the CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS
environment variables when running the configure script.

--Russ

Ticket ID: CPW-270700
Department: Support netCDF