[netCDF #RMF-313749]: related to projection library in netcdf-4

Ghansham,

> What about C/C++/fortran libraries?

No, there is no support for projections or a grid_mapping attribute in
the netCDF C-based libraries, including the C++ or Fortran libraries.

The CF Conventions are not part of the netCDF C/C++ libraries from
Unidata, although we recommend use of those conventions.  In addition
to the netCDF-Java support for CF Conventions, there is a Python library
from the UK that provides some support for CF conventions:

  http://cfpython.bitbucket.org/

--Russ

> regards
> Ghansham
>
> On 04/10/2014 08:24 PM, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
> > Hi Gansham,
> >
> >> I just want to  know if the netcdf-4 uses any projection library at the
> >> backend
> >> especially for "grid_mapping" in CF conventions.
> > No, the CF conventions are a separate layer above the netCDF-4 data model,
> > which only provides mechanisms for coordinate systems, but no support for
> > specific conventions.  The netCDF-Java software and the associated Common
> > Data Model does support CF Conventions and the grid_mapping attribute:
> >

> > https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/reference/StandardCoordinateTransforms.html
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: RMF-313749
> > Department: Support netCDF