[netCDF #EJA-190555]: netcdf42-fortran: netcdf.h for fortran not found by configure (= a script glitch?) (fwd)

> Dear Russ,
>
> below I pasted the README as in the netcdf-fortran-4.2 directory.
>
> 1) I searched "netcdf-fortran" (without the ") using the Word
> Search-Function.
> It was not found (yesterday evening it was late so I might have overlooked
> it).
>
> I downloaded several of the files in the URLs; some(!) indeed say: C
> must installed first  (therefore I did it).
> There are also some that describe how to build netcdf-fortran.
> But - here - none of them worked.

Yes, the real problem is that the netcdf-fortran-4.2 version that you are using
was released in October 2011 by a staff member who took another job soon
after that release.  Our web documentation is more up-to-date than the README
in the Oct 2011 4.2 release.  We've been working on another updated
netcdf-fortran
release, but it's not quite ready yet.  I'll be sure and update the README in
that
release with the necessary pointers to the proper URL for the latest
installation
instructions.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EJA-190555