[netCDF #EMQ-859120]: TWO CHECKS FAILED

Hi GG,

> Thank you for the Netcdf software.
>
> When I built it, I made ckecks but two checks on 28 failed.
>
> I send you the log file.

You have to use a more recent version of HDF5, 1.8.8 or later, with netCDF
4.3.1.1.

There was a bug in HDF5-1.8.7 that we didn't test for in the corresponding
netCDF version 4.1.3. The current netCDF version 4.3.1.1 detects the
HDF5 bug when built with HDF5-1.8.7 or earlier, but builds fine with HDF5
versions 1.8.8 and later. If you have to rebuild HDF5 from source anyway, I
would recommend just using the latest version 1.8.12, as that's what
we've done the most testing with.

--Russ

> [...]
> >         vstrvar1:fstratt = "" ;
> >         vstrvar1:intatt = 0 ;
> >     string fstrvar ;
> >         string fstrvar:vstratt1 = NIL ;
> >         string fstrvar:vstratt2 = NIL ;
> >         string fstrvar:vstratt3 = "" ;
> >         string fstrvar:vstratt4 = "foo" ;
> >         fstrvar:fstratt = "" ;
> >         fstrvar:intatt = 0 ;
> >     int intvar ;
> >         string intvar:vstratt1 = NIL ;
> >         string intvar:vstratt2 = NIL ;
> >         string intvar:vstratt3 = "" ;
> >         string intvar:vstratt4 = "foo" ;
> >         intvar:fstratt = "" ;
> >         intvar:intatt = 0 ;
> >     string vstrvar2 ;
> >     string vstrvar3 ;
> >     string vstrvar4 ;
> >
> > // global attributes:
> >         string :vstratt1 = NIL ;
> >         string :vstratt2 = NIL ;
> >         string :vstratt3 = "" ;
> >         string :vstratt4 = "foo" ;
> >         :fstratt = "" ;
> >         :intatt = 0 ;
> > data:
> >
> >  vstrvar1 = NIL ;
> >
> >  fstrvar = _ ;
> >
> >  intvar = 0 ;
> >
> >  vstrvar2 = NIL ;
> >
> >  vstrvar3 = _ ;
> >
> >  vstrvar4 = "foo" ;
>

> --
> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le 'Message') sont établis
> à l'intention exclusive des destinataires et les informations qui y figurent
> sont strictement confidentielles. Toute utilisation de ce Message non
> conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication totale ou
> partielle, est interdite sauf autorisation expresse.
> >>
> >> Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce Message, il vous est interdit de
> >> le copier, de le faire suivre, de le divulguer ou d'en utiliser tout ou
> >> partie. Si vous avez reçu ce Message par erreur, merci de le supprimer de
> >> votre système, ainsi que toutes ses copies, et de n'en garder aucune trace
> >> sur quelque support que ce soit. Nous vous remercions également d'en
> >> avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur par retour du message.
> >>
> >> Il est impossible de garantir que les communications par messagerie
> >> électronique arrivent en temps utile, sont sécurisées ou dénuées de toute
> >> erreur ou virus.
> >> ____________________________________________________
> >>
> >> This message and any attachments (the 'Message') are intended solely for
> >> the addressees. The information contained in this Message is confidential.
> >> Any use of information contained in this Message not in accord with its
> >> purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
> >> prohibited except formal approval.
> >>
> >> If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or use
> >> any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete
> >> it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by
> >> return message.
> >>
> >> E-mail communication cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error or

Ticket ID: EMQ-859120
Department: Support netCDF