[netCDF #ZQX-155900]: segfault with latest netcdf (4.3.1)

Hi Jeff,

> when accessing an openDAP dataset
>
> ncdump -v prmslmsl
> http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gens/gens20140123/gep_all_12z
>

> This works fine with netcdf 4.3.0, but segfaults with 4.3.1 (and git
> master).

I can duplicate the symptoms, so it looks like a bug in ncdump,
related to the apparent file size (over 140 GB).  nccopy can't be used
on it either, as it reports:

  NetCDF: One or more variable sizes violate format constraints
  Location: file ../../ncdump/nccopy.c; line 1437

which would be true if it was a netCDF classic format file.

I assume the original data on the DAP server is a netCDF-4 classic
model file.

Thanks for reporting the bug.  Will the file stay at the specified
URL for a while, until we've determined the cause of the problem?
If not, we'll have to get a copy or synthesize another large file
that demonstrates the problem.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZQX-155900
Department: Support netCDF