[LibCF #DZT-132458]: Work on libcf has stalled, right?

Hi Rich,

> I was going to write in a paper that Unidata work on libcf has stalled.
> That is correct, right?

Yes, due to

  - the primary developer, Ed Hartnett, taking a job with a different
    organization
  - the netCDF-Java CF support satisfying much of the original
    justification for libcf
  - better conservative interpolation approaches, implemented in ESMF,
    for example.  See this talk by Alex Pletzer, especially slide 9:
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/public/Pletzer4Bessig23Oct2013.pptx

Libcf still has the most recent code available for the "Princeton API"
for Balaji's GridSpec, so we'll keep making it available for people who
request that.

--Russ

Ticket ID: DZT-132458
Department: Support LibCF